The City of Angels is beckoning you. Plan your next visit to the Entertainment Capital of the World with cheap flights from New York to Los Angeles from eFlightsBooking. Our endeavor is to make your visit memorable to Los Angeles, the second most populous city in the United States, after NYC.
Los Angeles, the Creative Capital, situated on the coast of southern California, is ready to welcome you. It’s a city for creative thinkers where famous performers, actors, writers and artists reside.
Being home of Hollywood, the dazzling city will amaze you endlessly. If you are lucky enough then you may even run into one of your favorite stars while visiting here.
Catch a glimpse of the prominent attractions and sites whenever visiting here. Some of the famous places of interest that seek your attention include Gallery Row, the Hollywood Sign, the Griffith Observatory, the Kodak Theatre, and the Capital Records Building. Above all, you can also spend some time relaxing at some of the city’s gorgeous beaches.
Los Angeles is a sunny city renowned for its subtropical-Mediterranean climate. The ample greenery, natural beauty and beautiful weather year-round are reasons enough to visit Los Angeles again and again.
Travel Tips on NYC-LAX flights
Here are some of the important travel tips to consider before booking your flights from New York to Los Angeles.
- Cheap flights from New York to Los Angeles is easily available when booking 82 days before departure
- The months of June, July and August are considered to be the peak tourist season in Los Angeles.
- January is the cheapest month to fly to LAX from NYC.
- Morning departures are around 32% cheaper on average than an evening departure.
- Denver International Airport is most popular airport for connecting flights when traveling from NYC to LAX.
- Over 156 weekly flights are conducted between the two destinations. This route is served with 20 daily flights services.
- Direct flights on NYC-LAX route are operated by United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways and Alaska Airlines.
- There are currently six terminals in operation at New York JFK. Alaska Airlines and Delta Air Lines flights from Los Angeles arrive into Terminal 4, JetBlue Airways flights arrive into Terminal 5 and American Airlines flights arrive into Terminal 8.
- Los Angeles International Airport has 9 terminals. Alaska Airlines and JetBlue Airways flights to New York depart from Terminal 3, American Airlines flights depart from Terminal 4, Delta flights depart from Terminal 5 and United Airlines flights depart from Terminal 7.
- Booking flights from New York JFK to Los Angeles is usually cheapest when compared to booking flights from Newark Liberty to LAX.
- New York City is served by two major international airports – John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). Los Angeles on the other hand is served by Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
FAQs on Booking NYC to LAX Flights
What is the cheapest day to fly NYC to LAX?
Monday is the cheapest day to fly from New York to Los Angeles. If you are planning to save on your travel to LAX from NYC then look for cheap flights on a Monday or Tuesday.
Which airlines fly from New York to Los Angeles?
Major airlines operate flights between New York and Los Angeles. These include JetBlue Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Qantas Airways, British Airways, Hawaiian Airlines, TAP Portugal, Japan Airlines, China Southern Airlines, El Al, LATAM Airlines and Air Tahiti Nui.
How long does a flight from New York to Los Angeles take?
Flights from New York JFK to Los Angeles usually take about 5 hours 55 minutes. Before booking a flight, you should remember that there’s a time change of three hours. The flight distance from NYC to LAX is of 2,451 miles (3,944 km).
Where to buy cheap flight tickets from New York to Los Angeles?
JetBlue Airways is the best airline to find cheap flight tickets from New York to Los Angeles. This leading budget carrier generally offers low fares for travel on the route.
How many flights from New York to Los Angeles roundtrip?
There are presently 71 roundtrip flights on average being operated on NYC-LAX route. The passengers traveling on this route have plenty of flight times options as compared to other U.S. routes.