Los Angeles is not only about Hollywood and movie stars. It’s more than that. Book cheap flights from Portland to Los Angeles with eFlightsBooking and embark on an exciting tour of the City of Angels.
Hollywood buzz and movie stars apart, there’s a lot to see and experience in Los Angeles. Take a fascinating tour of world-class art museums. Enjoy delicacies at some of the popular eateries in the city. Go for exciting outdoor pursuits. Los Angeles has it all for the visitors coming here in large numbers to enjoy their vacation from various parts of the world.
Los Angeles is undoubtedly one of the most happening places in the world, and has aptly been named as the City of Angels. You can look forward to a thrilling experience through occasional celebrity spotting, booming arts scene, lounges and restaurants, and trendy neighborhoods.
The best place to start exploring Los Angeles is Downtown. Take the light rail Expo line from Downtown to west Los Angeles, which is one of the coolest cultural hubs in the city. Places of tourist interest such as Silver Lake, Echo Park, Koreatown, Disneyland, Playa Vista, Will Rogers State Beach, Zuma Beach, Venice Beach, USC Coliseum and Getty Museum are worth exploring.
Additional facts about PDX-LAX flights
Some of these valuable tips being provided here regarding flights from Portland to Los Angeles will be of great help in making your travel comfortable, convenient and hassle free.
- Sunday offers great flexibility with the most flight times when flying from PDX to LAX. There are 47 different flight times options for you to choose from for travel. The fewest number of flight times are however offered on Friday with 40 options.
- There are 43 flights per day on average for travel from Portland to Los Angeles.
- Prices of flight tickets on PDX-LAX route range anywhere from $121 to $1,272. The prices however fluctuate a lot more on this route than majority of U.S. routes. It’s better to book in advance to save more.
- A total of 940 nonstop flights are being currently operated between Portland and Los Angeles per week, averaging 135 nonstop flights per day.
- The cheapest flight to Los Angeles from Portland is generally found 48 days before departure, on average.
- You can get a below-average price for travel on the PDX-LAX route when booking at least 3 weeks before departure.
- The peak season for travel to Los Angeles from Portland is during the months from February through April.
- The cheapest month of the year to fly from Portland to Los Angeles is October.
- A delay of 46.3 minutes is common on Portland-Los Angeles route.
- A total of 1,056 seats to Los Angeles from Portland are offered per day, on average.
- Alaska Airlines is the most popular airline on this route. It operates 116 flights per week.
- Major airlines operating flights between Portland and Los Angles include Delta Air Lines, Alaska Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Spirit Airlines, Korean Air, Virgin Australia, LATAM Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, United Airlines and Southwest.
- Delta Air Lines is the most reliable airline to fly on the route with 95% on-time arrivals. Other airlines with good on-time arrivals include United Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Southwest and Spirit Airlines.
- The first flight from Portland to Los Angeles is at 5:50 am, operated by Southwest Airlines. The last flight departs from Portland at 1:15 pm, which is also operated by Southwest Airlines.
FAQs - Cheap Flights from PDX to LAX
How far is Portland from Los Angeles by plane?
The flight distance between Portland and Los Angeles is 835 miles. It usually takes a nonstop flight 2 hours 13 minutes on average to cover the distance.
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Portland to Los Angeles?
Alaska Airlines is presently the offering the cheapest flights from Portland to Los Angeles. Among other airlines offering cheap flights on the route include Delta Air Lines and Spirit Airlines.
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly Portland to Los Angeles?
Thursday is the cheapest day to fly on average from Portland to Los Angeles. Booking flights on Friday is the most expensive. The best deals on return flights from Los Angeles to Portland are commonly found on Tuesday. Avoid booking your return flight tickets on Thursday as it is the most expensive.
Which airlines fly most frequently between Portland and Los Angeles?
The popular airlines which fly most frequently between Portland and Los Angeles include Korean Air, Alaska Airlines and Virgin Australia. Most of the daily flights are operated by Korean Air with 15 times service per day. Alaska Airlines provides 14 times daily service, while Virgin Australia conducts 10 times daily flights service on this route.
Which airports will I be using when flying from Portland to Los Angeles?
You will be using Portland International Airport (PDX), also known as Portland Airport, when flying out of Portland to Los Angeles. Your flight from Portland will arrive at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also called Los Angeles Airport.