Are you planning to travel from Philadelphia to enjoy your vacations in Atlanta? With cheap flights from Philadelphia to Atlanta get ready to arrive in a vibrant city with glittering skylines.
Atlanta is veritably a city in the forest in the midst of charming neighborhoods and expansive green spaces. Explore the unexplored in the heart of the new South, which has also earned the epithet of “Little Hollywood” by virtue of being hotspot for film industry.
You will discover hidden gems in every corner whenever in Atlanta. This multi-cultural haven is sure to captivate you with incredible arts and entertainment, famous attractions, diverse dining, and the fabled Southern hospitality.
Things to do in Atlanta
Atlanta is elegant aptly combining the charm of the south with big city living. The city has much to offer to the travelers of all kinds, be it a history buff, culture enthusiast, urban adventurer or an outdoor lover. There are plenty of choices available for everyone.
Head to Centennial Olympic Park for enjoying the sunshine or beat the summer heat. The park is a major center of attraction during the humid summer days.
Visit the home of Margret Mitchell in the Downtown. It is here that she wrote her epic story about the Civil War and Reconstruction period, "Gone With The Wind."
Among various other activities you can pursue here is to consider taking a trip to Turner Field, enjoying the nightlife in Buckhead, or taking a bike tour to explore the fabulous city of Atlanta.
Some of the top attractions worth visiting in Atlanta include Center for Civil and Human Rights, Children’s Museum of Atlanta, CNN’s global headquarters, World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, Stone Mountain Park, Zoo Atlanta, High Museum of Art and the Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame.
Key Facts about Flights from PHL to ATL
Now that you are all set to fly from Philadelphia to Atlanta, it is essential for you to equip yourself with some key facts about the route and how best to enjoy your travel.
- There are a total of 42 flights per day on average from Philadelphia to Atlanta. You will be offered nine flight times options to choose your flight as per convenience.
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is situated seven (7) miles southwest of downtown Philadelphia. The airport has seven (7) terminals, with terminals A-East and A-West serving international flights. There are more than 120 boarding gates, covering an approximate 2.4 million square feet.
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority operates a rail service from the airport. The rail service is available from all the terminals of the airport, and you can easily reach downtown Philadelphia through the High Speed Airport Line.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is located 11 miles south of Atlanta, with easy access to the city center via I-85.
- MARTA, Atlanta's local train service, is the most economical means of transportation into the city from Atlanta airport. The train can be boarded at the station near the baggage claim area, and the city center can be reached in 20 minutes.
- Winters are mild in Atlanta with average temperatures hovering in the 40s F and 50s F. Summer is hotter with extreme humidity, and temperatures sometimes soaring up to 90s F. Pack a rain slicker or umbrella when traveling in July, which is the rainiest month of the year in Atlanta.
FAQs on Booking Flights from Philadelphia to Atlanta
How far is Philadelphia from Atlanta by plane?
An average nonstop flight from Philadelphia to Atlanta takes 2 hour 11 minutes to cover a distance of 666 miles. The flight duration from Atlanta to Philadelphia is 1 hour 54 minutes, covering a distance of approximately 1080 km.
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Philadelphia from Atlanta?
The cheapest flights from Philadelphia to Atlanta can be booked through Spirit Airlines, Frontier Airlines and American Airlines. Major airlines offering flights on Philadelphia-Atlanta route include American Airlines, Spirit Airlines, British Airways, Aeromexico, Air France and Korean Air.
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly Philadelphia from Atlanta?
Wednesday is the cheapest day to fly on average from Philadelphia to Atlanta, while Tuesday is the most expensive. The best deals on return flights from Atlanta to Philadelphia are generally found on Wednesday. However, flying on Monday is the most expensive.
Which airlines fly most frequently between Philadelphia from Atlanta?
The airlines flying most frequently between Philadelphia and Atlanta are Delta Air Lines, Aeromexico and Jet Airways. With 19 times daily flights, Delta Air Lines tops the list of frequent flyers. Both Aeromexico and Jet Airways offer 17 times daily flights each on the route. Currently, a total of 843 nonstop flights are being operated from Philadelphia to Atlanta per week, averaging 119 flights per day.
Which airports will I be using when flying from Philadelphia from Atlanta?
You will be using Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), often referred to as Philadelphia Airport, when flying out of Philadelphia. Your flight from Philadelphia will arrive at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), also called Atlanta Airport.